Guilt-free Gelt Tagline Contest
|If you have a way with words and are eager to win a treasure trove of delicious Fairtrade Divine Chocolate gelt, add your entry to our Guilt-free Gelt campaign.
Your inspiring witty word play will be featured on FTJ’s website and other materials.
The gelt we eat on Chanukah is a reminder of the freedom our people won many years ago. Today, however, young children are trafficked and forced into working on cocoa farms with no pay and in unsafe conditions in the Ivory Coast, where more than half the world’s cocoa is grown. Fair Trade Judaica’s Guilt-free Gelt Campaign’s goal is to draw attention to this issue and let people know that fairtrade standards prohibit the use of child labor.
Fair Trade Judaica is partnering with Divine Chocolate this year – click here for more information on how to purchase their fairtrade Kosher gelt for Chanukah and benefit Fair Trade Judaica.
Click below to jump down to a specific section
How to Enter
We are accepting contest entries online at our web site, on or before midnight October 25 PDT. The winning entry will be announced on November 4.
- Only one entry per contestant will be considered.
- This competition is open to anyone interested, regardless of nationality or origin. Employees of Fair Trade Judaica/Community Partners/Jewish Jumpstart, their families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible.
- Keep it short and sweet; maximum of 7 words (5 words or less preferred).
- Winners will be selected by FTJ’s Advisory Board.
- Each entry will be judged on its:
- Creative merit
- Educational content and link to Chanukah theme
- Tag lines that are deemed offensive will be rejected.
- Contestant retains Copyright of their submission and grants Fair Trade Judaica, a project of Community Partners, a non-exclusive license to use the submission for no further compensation, including reproduction in all forms and all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity. Contestant agrees to acknowledge that the tagline was created for Fair Trade Judaica’s Guilt Free Gelt Tag Line Contest
- We reserve the right to share submissions and author’s name on Facebook and our website
- Entries must be received by Midnite, Pacific Daylight Time, on Wednesday, October 30, 2013. The winner will be announced on Monday, November 4th.
Definition of a Tagline
“A tagline or tag line is a variant of a branding slogan typically used in marketing materials and advertising. The idea behind the concept is to create a memorable phrase that will sum up the tone and premise of a brand or product (like a film), or to reinforce the audience’s memory of a product.” – Wikipedia.com
For example: “Crafted with Jewish Values” is the tagline for “Fair Trade Judaica”.