Mission and Strategy
Fair Trade Judaica is building a fair trade movement in the Jewish community, linking Jewish values of human dignity, self-sufficiency, and environmental sustainability with fair trade standards assuring fair and livable wages, no child labor, healthy and safe working conditions. We accomplish this through outreach/education, and expanding the production, distribution, and sale of Fair Trade Judaica products.
|Watch this 3-minute video about Fair Trade Judaica’s work, meet many of the farmers and artisans and the products they create for us.
Our thanks to Ralph Guggenheim and Alligator Planet for producing the video.
Our Long term Vision
We envision a world where Jewish consumers recognize fair trade as an expression of core Jewish values, seek out fair trade products, and use our purchasing power to build thriving communities of artisans and farmers around the world.
Our Work is Guided by these Values:
- Tzedakah: Supporting artisans, their families and communities to become self-sufficient
- Tikkun Olam: Using our power as Jewish consumers to create a more just trade system
- Community: Creating a FTJ movement in the Jewish community, and building connections between consumers and artisans in support of fair trade
- Integrity: Expressing transparency as an organization and treating producers with respect
Key Strategies of our Work:
- Provide education and outreach about Fair Trade Judaica to build a Jewish fair trade movement
- Support fair trade artisans by providing technical assistance in the design of new Judaica products and creating market demand for their products
- Link artisans, wholesalers, retailers, and consumers, thus making fair trade Judaica products more available and accessible