Fair Trade Your Chanukah
On Chanukah, we remember the Maccabees, a small band of fighters who challenged the larger culture, and won religious freedom for the Jewish people.
The farmers who grow Fair Trade cocoa, and the artisans who make the beautiful menorahs and dreidels for us to use at Chanukah, are like modern day Maccabees, courageously struggling to build decent lives for their families. Though Fair Trade, they are able to earn a liveable wage, invest profits back into the community, and create products so that we can celebrate and enjoy our history.
- LIGHT a menorah made by Fair Trade artisans
- DEDICATE your Chanukah candles to a fair trade artisan or farmer
- SERVE Guilt-free Fair Trade Kosher Chanukah Gelt
- EXPLORE other Guilt Free Gelt resources (sing new guilt free gelt song, meet cocoa farmers, say special kavannah/prayer, learn about child labor, and more)
- MAKE your own chocolate-filled sufganiot (doughnuts)
- FRY your latkes in Fair Trade olive oil
- DECORATE your home with Chanukah banners