Next Year – Fair Trade Kosher for Passover Chocolate
Traditionally, every Passover seder ends with the words “Next Year in Jerusalem”, a prayer for complete redemption. Spiritually, Jerusalem represents wholeness, a time and place when all humanity will live together in peace and justice.
As long as forced labor and slavery exist in our world, we cannot arrive at that Jerusalem. Although we can enjoy Fair Trade chocolate for 51 weeks of the year, it’s ironic that during Passover, when we celebrate our journey from slavery into freedom, there is no Fair Trade Kosher for Passover chocolate.
Join our efforts so next Passover we can enjoy Kosher for Passover chocolate made without child labor.
- Read what others are writing on their petitions, and then
- Sign our petition to kosher food manufacturers
- Get your friends, family and colleagues to join this effort. Download this petition, collect signatures and return it to Fair Trade Judaica
- Place our “Virtual” Fair Trade Kosher for Passover chocolate bar, a photo of cocoa beans, or a Fair Trade chocolate bar on your Passover Seder plate and talk about child labor as a modern day form of slavery
- Let us know if you’d like to help volunteer with this effort